Top Ten Most Expensive Weddings
In wedding ceremonies, two people are united together. Wedding customs and traditions vary greatly among countries, ethnic groups, religions, cultures and social classes. Wedding ceremonies include wedding ceremonies songs, decors, accessories etc. Although there are many memorable marriages in recent times but followings are the top ten most expensive wedding ceremonies of the world;
1. Vanisha Mittal & Amit Bhatia ($78 million)
The bride Vanisha Mittal is the daughter of steel tycoon Lakshmi Mittal. The pop singer Kylie Minogue was the attraction of the party and 1000 guests from all over the world were invited. It is the most expensive wedding in the world.
2. Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum and Princess Salama ($44.5 million)
In 1981, the ruler of Dubai married princess Salama. A special stadium was built for just this occasion and 20000 guests were invited. This wedding is on 2nd position in the list of top 10 weddings.
3. Miss Yugoslavia Aleksandra Kokotovic and Andrey Melnichenko ($30 million)
The founder of MDM bank and the Russian billionaire Andrey Melnichenko married the Serbian model Miss Yugoslavia Aleksandra Kokotovic. The singers were invited on the occasion that includes Christina Aguilera and Whitney Houston. It is on 3rd rank among the list of
4. Vikram Chatwal and Priva Sachdey ($20 million)
This wedding is known as one of the most luxurious weddings that took place ever in all of India. 600 guests from 26 countries were invited for the occasion and Bill Clinton was also on the guest list.
5. Wayne Rooney & Coleen McLoughlin ($15 million)
Manchester United/England football star, Coleen McLoughlin married with Wayne Rooney in Villa Durazzo in Portofino Italy.
6. Delphine Arnault and Alessandro Vallarino Gancia ($7 million)
Delphine Arnault is the daughter of wealthy French businessman, Bernard Arnault. The venue was adorned with 5000 white roses.
7. Elizabeth Hurley & Arun Nayar ($7 million)
Arun Nayar, an Indian businessman married with Elizabeth Hurley in Sudeley Castle in Gloucestershire in Britain.
8. Liza Minnelli and David Gest ($3.5 million)
850 guests were invited at this memorable event. The wedding included a $40,000 6-foot, 12-tier cake and a bill of over $700,000 in flowers and so on.
9. Paul McCartney and Heather Mills ($3 million)
300 guests were invited at this luxurious ceremony that took place in County, Monaghan, Ireland.
10. Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes ($2 million)
Tom Cruise proposed Katie Holmes on the top of the Eiffel Tower. 150 guests were invited at this beautiful marriage ceremony.